When Luffness Golf Club moved from the east side of Aberlady Bay to the current location of the west side, the construction of the nucleus of the current Clubhouse was completed in time for the opening on 26 November 1898 of what is now the Kilspindie links, the Club having been re-named in 1899.
The premises were relative small compared to the current building and the original “Gentlemen’ Locker Room and Bar” is still intact with the original lockers (all in use to this day but clearly intended for pencil bags and not modern equipment!) and the Honours Board above the open fire place.
Over the years, additions have created a mosaic of roof elevations and tiles! Rooms, such as the Mixed Lounge, Kitchen, Ladies Changing Rooms, and Gents Visitors Changing Rooms as well as the Office (formerly accommodation for the Steward and his wife) have been added. These, together with ancillary housing for laundry, storage, trolley and cart sheds, greenkeepers’ sheds and a car park, have all changed the original profile of 26 November 1898!
What has not changed is the warm welcome which awaits all – whether Member, guest or visitor alike!!
As Kilspindie Golf Club does not operate a 2-tier pricing policy, Visitors pay Members’ prices for catering and the bar. For those who already know the Clubhouse, the bar is a tiny area but is packed with a host of excellent beverages such as 7 varieties of gin, nearly 80 different malt whiskies, wines from various countries around the globe, and much more.
Clubhouse Menu and Events
Kilspindie Catering Open Daily From 9am
Club House Menu
Hot Rolls – Fried Egg…£2-10 – Bacon, Lorne Sausage, Link Sausage, Black Pudding, Scrambled Egg and Haggis …£2-50 Doubler … £3-50 (fried egg double £2-60)
Scottish Breakfast – Bacon, link sausage, lorne sausage, black pudding, haggis, potato scone, fried egg, beans and toast…£7-50 Served 9am til 12pm
Cold Filled Rolls or Sandwiches served with salad garnish and potato crisps
Honey roast gammon, egg mayonnaise, cheese and pickle, tuna mayo …£3-75
beef & horseradish, ~ prawn marie rose..£4-15
Chefs homemade Soup and sandwich…£6-75
Andersons mince pie, chips and beans…£5-25
Croque madame – a toasted malted bloomer topped with cheese, gammon and fried egg served with salad garnish and fries…£5.25
Tuna melt – a toasted malt bloomer topped with tuna, red onion and cheese served with fries and salad garnish…£4-95
Served From 12.00pm
Freshly prepared soup of the day served with artisan bread…£3.95
Classic original prawn cocktail served with a malted bloomer…£5-75
Andersons haggis, stornoway black pudding, poached egg and pea shoot salad…£5-25
Locally sourced haddock breaded or battered, skin on chips and our own tartare sauce…£10.95
Kilspindie Club Sandwich – chicken,bacon,lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise served with fries…£7-95
Steak burger on a brioche bun, melted cheese, chargrilled tomato relish, skin on fries and salad garnish…£7.95
Chicken Caesar salad, breast of chicken, lettuce, tomato, croutons, dressing and parmesan…£6.95
Ice cream sundae, 3 scoops of ice cream with a wafer curl…£3.95
Sticky toffee pudding, with a scoop of vanilla pod ice cream and hot toffee sauce…£4.50
Most of our dishes are celiac friendly or can be adapted to suit dietary need, please ask for more information, please note that our dishes mey contain one or more of the following allergens: Cereal, Peanuts, Nuts, Fish, Shell Fish, Sesame seeds, Eggs, Milk, Soya, Celery and Celeriac. If in doubt please ask a member of staff
Celebrate Mother’s Day
Sunday 22th March
chefs homemade soup of the day with herb croutons
chilled atlantic prawns in a smoked paprika marie rose sauce, oatmeal biscuits
tian of horseradish dressed ham hock, vine tomato salad
pan fried breast of chicken with a dolcelatte and pancetta cream sauce , sautéed potatoes and vegetable medley
poached flaked fillet of hake on a bed of green lentils served with a hollandaise sauce
mushroom , brie and cranberry wellington on a clap shot puree
homemade lemon drizzle sponge with vanilla pod custard
raspberry, pistachio and crème de la patisserie tartlet
trio of cheeses, savoury biscuits and chutney
Three courses £19-95
BOOKINGS TAKEN NOW WITH THE CATERING STAFF
Or CALL 01875 870358 option 3
Standard of Dress
As the 35th oldest club in the world Kilspindie Golf Club is understandably proud of its traditions. Nevertheless traditions must evolve and we want our members, visitors and guests to feel comfortable, welcome and confident that they will not feel or look out of place on their visit.
Both on the course and in the clubhouse, our members, visitors and guests are asked to wear smart, clean clothing in good condition. As you might expect, in the Lounge and Bar we don’t wear hats, outerwear or clothing that shows the rigours of play.
For safety reasons we also ask that all golfers wear golf shoes on the course, and cleaned, soft-spiked shoes can be worn throughout the clubhouse.
You will understand that the club must reserve the right to ask anyone to change or cover any item of clothing deemed to be inappropriate or potentially offensive. If in any doubt please feel free to consult any club official, in particular the Starter or Bar Staff.
FAQ’s below – .
- What restrictions apply to women? – Kilspindie does not discriminate on the grounds of gender (or anything else) and therefore our restrictions are identical.
- Are you allowed to wear jeans in the Clubhouse? – Answer – yes if they are in good condition and not ripped, frayed or bleached.
- What should I wear on the golf course? We expect everyone playing to be wearing appropriate golfing clothes.
- Do gentlemen need a jacket and/or tie in the clubhouse? – No, although we can arrange to partition off an area of the Lounge for any groups who wish to impose their own restrictions
- Can I wear trainers in the Clubhouse? – Like all other clothing, trainers need to be in good condition.
- What’s your attitude towards sportswear such as football kit, rugby kit, etc.? – We don’t permit any clothing primarily intended to show identity with a cause or affiliation. Naturally, that doesn’t apply to golf clothing.
- Do your dress restrictions also apply to children? – We’re more relaxed for children under 12 – it’s more important that they feel safe and welcome at Kilspindie.
- I have a medical condition that requires me to wear clothing that the club might not approve of. What should I do? – Of course, there will always be the odd exception, but we would appreciate advance notice so that our staff are aware of the situation.
If in doubt ask the Starter or Bar Staff