When Luffness Golf Club moved from the east side of Aberlady Bay to the current location of the west side, the construction of the nucleus of the current Clubhouse was completed in time for the opening on 26 November 1898 of what is now the Kilspindie links, the Club having been re-named in 1899.
The premises were relative small compared to the current building and the original “Gentlemen’ Locker Room and Bar” is still intact with the original lockers (all in use to this day but clearly intended for pencil bags and not modern equipment!) and the Honours Board above the open fire place.
Over the years, additions have created a mosaic of roof elevations and tiles! Rooms, such as the Mixed Lounge, Kitchen, Ladies Changing Rooms, and Gents Visitors Changing Rooms as well as the Office (formerly accommodation for the Steward and his wife) have been added. These, together with ancillary housing for laundry, storage, trolley and cart sheds, greenkeepers’ sheds and a car park, have all changed the original profile of 26 November 1898!
What has not changed is the warm welcome which awaits all - whether Member, guest or visitor alike!!
As Kilspindie Golf Club does not operate a 2-tier pricing policy, Visitors pay Members’ prices for catering and the bar. For those who already know the Clubhouse, the bar is a tiny area but is packed with a host of excellent beverages such as 7 varieties of gin, nearly 80 different malt whiskies, wines from various countries around the globe, and much more.